Dealing with the aftermath of a personal injury can be a stressful experience, as you may be facing medical bills, lost wages, and a long road to recovery. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident in Fullerton, California, it can be a difficult and overwhelming time. Fortunately, you don’t have to go through this process alone.
At Bridgford, Gleason & Artinian, we are dedicated to helping injured individuals get the compensation they deserve. With years of experience handling personal injury cases, our Fullerton personal injury lawyers have the knowledge and expertise necessary to help you get back on your feet. Contact us today for your free consultation.
What is Personal Injury Law?
Personal injury law refers to a specific area of law that deals with those who have been injured due to the negligence or wrongdoing of another party. Personal injury can result from a wide range of accidents, such as car accidents, slips and falls, dog bites, and more. When someone is injured in such an accident, they may face significant medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Examples of Personal Injury Claims in Fullerton
Here are some common examples of personal injury cases we handle at Bridgford, Gleason & Artinian:
- Car accidents: Fullerton has busy roads and highways, and car accidents are a common occurrence. Personal injuries from car or truck accidents can range from minor injuries like cuts and bruises to more serious injuries like broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, and spinal cord injuries.
- Slip and falls: Slip and fall accidents can occur in various locations such as supermarkets, restaurants, malls, and other public places. These accidents can be caused by wet floors, uneven walkways, or other hazards. A slip and fall accident can result in injuries such as broken bones, head injuries, and spinal cord injuries.
- Dog bites: Dog owners have a responsibility to ensure that their pets do not pose a threat to others. When a dog bites or attacks someone, the victim may suffer from physical and emotional injuries.
- Product liability: Defective products can cause serious harm to consumers, including injuries from faulty machinery, dangerous drugs, and defective medical devices.
- Medical malpractice: Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare professional fails to provide the appropriate standard of care, resulting in injury or death. Examples of medical malpractice include surgical errors, misdiagnoses, and medication errors.
How Does The Statute of Limitations Affect Your Lawsuit?
In Fullerton, California, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is two years from the date of the injury or accident. This means that you have two years from the date of the accident or injury to file a lawsuit in court.
It is important to note that there are some exceptions to this general rule. For example, if the victim was a minor at the time of the accident, the two-year statute of limitations may not begin until the victim reaches the age of 18. Additionally, if the injury or accident was not immediately discovered, the statute of limitations may be extended to allow for a reasonable discovery period.
Failing to file a lawsuit within the applicable statute of limitations can result in the dismissal of the case, and the injured party may lose the right to seek compensation for their damages.
Need Help with Filing a Personal Injury Claim?
If you or a loved one has suffered a personal injury in Fullerton, California, don’t hesitate to contact our experienced Fullerton personal injury lawyers today. We have a track record of success in handling a wide range of personal injury cases and are committed to providing personalized and compassionate representation to each of our clients.
At Bridgford, Gleason & Artinian, we are dedicated to helping injured individuals recover the compensation they deserve for their damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Let us help you navigate the legal process and obtain the justice and compensation you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and discuss your legal options.